We didn't do a ton this week. We got the rest of our household goods Tuesday so we have been working mostly on getting everything put away. But Monday, Eedie had her photo shoot with Combi Mini. We left the house at 10am to catch an 11am train. We got to the house where they were shooting about 30 minutes early. I just wanted to make sure we got there in time with it being our first time traveling on the train alone. I thought I was lost at one point so I got off the train. However, I think we were on the right one. A Japanese woman who didn't speak much English, helped me figure everything out. She looked at the train schedule on my iPhone and pointed at the right train. We didn't get back until about 7:30. So it was almost a 10 hour day. I don't know that I will want to do this THAT often. I had left Annabelle with Mike. With both kids it would have made for a crazy long day!
 |
| This was the intersection outside the Shibuya train station where we got off to go to the shoot. When the lights stopped the traffic people began to cross the street from about 6 different directions at the same time. |
 |
| Eedie and Mommy at the end of the day. We were both pretty tired. Almost as much work for Mommy as for baby. =) (One of the workers at the shoot took this picture) | | |
|
 |
| This week the base had an exercise. They do exercises about twice a year. This is Mike in some of his gear. Sometimes he had to get in all his MOPP gear which means getting on rubber boots, military overalls, and wearing his gas mask. Wish I would have taken a picture of that. |
|
 |
| They have a ton of storage space here. So we decided to let Annabelle sleep above the hall closet. |
 |
| Showing off her new kicks. They are basically generic Asics, so way cheaper! | | | |
|
|
 |
| We went to this "sweets shop" this weekend. We thought it might have doughnuts and pastries, but ended up just cake and cookie type of sweets. Mike ordered one piece of cake but changed his mind when she said it was black tea flavored. |
|
 |
| This is box the cake came in. In case you can't read the English it says, "This cake savored at best within Todays". =) |
|
 |
| Mike ordered the Chestnut Cake. It was pretty good. Not quite as sweet as the stuff back in the states. Mike said it tasted similar to the cake in Chile where he served his mission. |
 |
| We went to the "Happy Honda" again. We were looking at the bikes. It might be time to get Annabelle a bike. She was having a blast on this trike! |
 |
| Drink of the Week: I looked this up on Wikipedia so I don't know if the info is totally accurate, but it says that Grape Mountain Dew has just been introduced to the world and the only place you can find it right now is in a Japanese vending machine. It tasted just like grape soda with a Mountain Dew aftertaste. If you would like to try this at home buy a grape soda and mix it with Mountain Dew and enjoy. |
 |
| This is Annabelle's new dresser. We stopped by a Recycle shop which is basically a thrift store and found this sweet dresser for Annabelle's room. Just perfect for little clothes. |
So like I said, nothing too exciting this week. Next week we are going to try and make it to the LDS Tokyo Temple. We haven't been to the temple here yet, so we are excited to see it... until next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment