winter

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just Around the House

We haven't done too much since Meg and Marvin left. Mostly just been trying to catch up on sleep! Annabelle has been potty training the past week and a half. She has been pretty successful. If she has an accident, it's just an occasional #2 in her pants. So it's mostly been just hanging out around the house for us lately. Here are a few pictures.

My Aunt Doti sent us some Christmas gifts. Here are the girls opening their gifts. I think their favorite part were the reindeer antlers.

Eedie really loves wearing them.

There was a sale on chocolate chips at the commissary - $.80 a bag! And I use a lot of chocolate chips with all the baking I like to do. This should last us a few weeks =).

For New Year's we hung out around the house and had cheese and chocolate fondue. This is a Jones' family tradition I think we'll keep!

Mike always likes to go out and bang pots and pan for New Year's. It wasn't quite 12 (more like 9). Annabelle was totally not digging it. She was trying to figure out what we were doing.

Annabelle has started to dress herself lately, hence the coat and hat with the backwards flip-flops. =)

We had these for a Family Home Evening treat Monday night. They were like a hard slat water taffy.

Another example of dressing herself.

Our friends, the Lane's, moved back to the states this week. We had them over for dinner the night before they left. Here is Annabelle and her friend, Tyler.

Annabelle is totally embracing the Japanese culture. =)

We tried this drink, Dekavita C. Basically sweet-tarts in liquid form.

Playing a bowling game at the arcade.

We didn't even have to pay the 100 yen. She was entertained just sitting there.

We went to the mall the other night. This is an area where parents leave their kids to watch TV while they shop. I couldn't get a picture of it, but Annabelle kept mimicking the girl in the purple shirt. She had just been standing like Annabelle is here.
That about it for us. Like I said, just been a little low key around here lately. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. your pictures are great. You have a beautiful family. I'm sure your mom and dad miss you all lots. Take care.

    ReplyDelete