winter

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A little time off...

I always wait too long and then have a ton of pictures to share. Sorry! But I hope you enjoy seeing what's been going on over the past few weeks.

After some chocolate chip pancakes one morning.

Annabelle was jealous I took a picture of Eedie and wanted me to take a picture of her.

I left Annabelle in the bathroom for about 5 minutes, and found both the girls playing in this. It was an entire roll of toilet paper (including the tube) with water in the sink. I got as much out as I could but ended up having to call maintenance. They also found a toothbrush down the drain!

They love getting into my bags. They found my swim gear and wanted to wear it. Eedie kept trying to put the cap on herself, but I ended up having to put it on for her.

A couple of weeks ago it had been raining almost everyday. I tried to find some things online for us to do since we couldn't go outside and play. We made noodle necklaces, played with paint, and made musical glasses. I thought this activity (a glow stick in a balloon) would be super fun, but the girls were just scared because it was in the dark! Bummer... we'll have to try again another time.

We had a picnic outside one day and Eedie stole the chips from Annabelle.

She loves going to the park.


We went to Cold Stone one night and these workers were especially happy! They sing a different song, with actions, for each customer. The one on the left was cracking me up.

These strollers are available at one of the local malls and they are always FREE!!! It's kind of hard to believe because everything in Japan is so expensive.

This past week Mike took a couple days off. Originally we wanted to take a big trip outside the country, but it wasn't working out. So we decided to just take a night, just the two of us, and go downtown to stay at the New Sanno (the Navy hotel). Dawn, our friend from church, was so nice to watch the kids for us. It was only one night and we didn't stay long, but it was nice to have some time to ourselves. I have been craving Mexican every day for the past couple weeks. It's hard to find good Mexican food in Japan and it's been killing me! Dawn told us about El Torito, which is a chain in the western part of the states. It was a great dinner. I had enchiladas.

Mike had fajitas. Also... We forgot the camera so all the pictures from our trip ended up being from my phone. Sorry if they look bad!

We woke up somewhat early the next day and went to our favorite French bakery near the New Sanno. We got an egg and ham quiche, apple pastry, a pecan sugary thing, and yogurt drinks.

The temple is also very close to the New Sanno and very close to an awesome park. So we had our breakfast there.

Some beautiful purple flowers

I love waterfalls.

These turtles kept trying to climb up these rocks. One guy on the other side kept falling off.

Do you see those fish out there in the water!?

They were huge! Here we are, feeding them some peanut butter crackers. Right after that, we saw a sign that said not to feed the fish or birds. Let's hope they don't have a peanut allergy.

Apparently this was "Turtle Beach".

The is at the New Sanno. It is not just painted on the floor, it is actually pieces of colored inlaid wood. We thought it was pretty cool.

We saw this on our way back to the train station.

This is in between the train station and the New Sanno. We always see it and were wondering what it was. We asked the concierge at the hotel and she said it was a temple. It's pretty cool looking.
Saturday we went to the aquarium, but I'll make another post for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment