winter

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yakiniku

I tried Yakiniku for the first time a couple weekends ago. Mike had had it once before. It's basically just meat in Japanese BBQ sauce and you grill it yourself at your table. I think it might be my favorite Japanese food so far.

You can order whatever meat you want, they bring it out and you grill it.

Excited for some eating!

We left the kids with a babysitter. It would be a little tough with the kids and the grill.

We went with the dental clinic this night. There are some people leaving and we were all getting together one last time.

A lot of meat being cooked up.

This was some very weird seaweed jello. Mike says it is made of the stuff they make mouth impressions with at work: irreversible hydorcolloid.  Some people in Japan use it as a diet food, zero calories and it fills you up. I was not a big fan.

You could also order sushi. This was supposed to be tuna sushi... ended up being like tuna salad sushi.


We went to the mall one night. They both have to have cool strollers these days.

This was me last week at 20 weeks. I think I popped out a little this past week actually. I'm sure I'll be quite a bit bigger on the next picture. =)

I went to my 20 week ultrasound to see what we are having. We're very excited to announce that...


Yes! That's right... Girl #3 is on the way. A name is yet to be determined. I'm still working on Mike with my names. =)

Here she is.


The power was out for 12 hours Saturday so we decided to take a trip to IKEA which is on the other side of Tokyo. It took us about 2 hours to get there. We crossed the "Rainbow Bridge" on our way there.
Rainbow Bridge

We had lunch there. Mike had some Swedish meatballs and potatoes. I had a penne pasta dish and we had some yummy pretzel bread with it.

Eedie had some really good curry and Annabelle just ate some fries. She is our picky eater. Eedie is a little more adventurous.

I made some chocolate chip cookie topped brownies today. Here's Eedie eating a big old bite.
That's it for now!

3 comments:

  1. Yakiniku is our favorite japanese food place, our kids love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 2 hour drive to get to the other side! That's crazy. Your girls are getting so big! Congrats on another girl! You have the girls for my boys to marry. I vote for the name Lucy. If we end up with a girl if we have any more kids, I want a Lucy. Your 20 week belly shot is itty bitty. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! I just found out you were expecting again;) I'm so excited for you! The girls are so adorable too!

    ReplyDelete