It's hard to believe we're almost half way through our time here in Japan. When we first got here, I said I would never go back to the states until our time was done. It took the girls two whole months to really get back to normal on their sleeping schedules after we got here. But by just over the one year mark, I was needing a trip back... to see and buy normal American things. So when Megan told us she was getting married, it was just one more excuse to try to make it back.
I didn't want to go out for just two weeks (which was basically the amount of time Mike could go). So Marvin ended up flying out to Japan and helped the girls and me to get back. I just have to say, there is no way I could have done that flight by myself! I probably would have cried the whole time. It was a nine hour flight to LA (ends up being eleven on the way back).
The trip actually went really well until we got to LA. We had to go back through security and when we did, the TSA people wanted to check out the stroller to make sure there was nothing in it. So I just had the stroller and all the girls... and the passports with our boarding passes. I didn't have anywhere to put the passports, but I sat them down for a minute because Annabelle and Eedie were starting to get restless. When the guy said we were free to go, I started looking around for the passports. They were no where to be found! I started trying to remember where I had put them down, but by this point it had been almost 24 hours since I had slept and I couldn't remember anything. I thought maybe someone had picked them up. Just then, all three girls started screaming. I was freaking out. I told Marvin I was just going to sit and feed Vivian while they kept looking. I just needed for one kid to stop screaming at least. By this point I was bawling my eyes out. People were sitting down next to me putting their shoes back on (from going through security) and I know they were wondering what was going on with the crazy lady and her three very small children that were going nuts.
Finally, after looking for about 5-10 more minutes and not finding the passports, the TSA people suggested we start talking to security about viewing the video tape to see what had happened. Just then, I looked up and remembered I had put the passports in the canopy of the stroller and had folded it up. I was frustrated with myself but relieved that we found them.
Anyway... here are a few pictures from the flight.
| This picture is just to show the lady in the background. We flew on Singapore Air on from Tokyo to LA and the female flight attendants wear these uniforms. |
| Eedie was having a bit of a rough time. |
| We got a bassinet seat for Vivian but Eedie ended up using it instead. Easier to hold a one month old than Eedie! |
| We got some ice cream during our layover in LA. |
| Yes, I got them each their own. After that many hours, I didn't need any more fighting. |
In Salt Lake....
| When we first got to Salt Lake, the girls helped Emma and Fletcher decorate the Christmas tree. |
| They fell asleep like this one night. They hadn't been sleeping together prior to this trip, but they have been since. |
NeNe, Pappy, GG, and Great-Granpda came out for a visit. It had been a year and a half since we had seen GG and Great-Grandpa.
| Riding around on Pappy, the horse. |
![]() | ||||
| We went to see Temple Square. |
![]() |
| We had a double baby blessing for Vivian and Greta. |
![]() | |||||
| Pappy, NeNe, Great-Grandpa, GG and our Family. |
![]() |
| With just NeNe and Pappy. |
![]() |
| Our little family. |
| NeNe and Pappy brought gifts for the girls. |
| Eedie could open her own presents this year |
| Nothing like an extra Christmas morning. |
| Fletcher was happy to help open all of the presents for the girls |
| Grandpa Marvin apparently didn't want to be in the picture! |
| This is classic Great-Grandpa and GG. =) |
We had a great time with my side of the family. We were happy they were able to come visit!





No comments:
Post a Comment