We didn't have a ton of pictures from a couple weeks ago, so I decided to wait to post an entry. I may just do that in the future unless we have a really interesting week with a lot of pictures. Anyway... here are some pictures from the last two weeks.
Last weekend, the Oktoberfest was on base right next to our house. There was German food, music and fun for the kids.
 |
| Annabelle has come to love bouncy houses. |
 |
| Annabelle in front of the German man sign with her funny man pen |
 |
| This was the most awesome part of Oktoberfest. A Japanese Oompah band. I kid you not, they were actually really awesome! The clarinet player had one of the best tones I have ever heard. |
 |
| Seriously, she was really good. |
 |
| The other two were off stage getting people to dance. |
 |
| Annabelle in her German Alpine hat |
 |
| I have been wanting a new bike since before we moved to Japan. I finally got one. It's a Japanese bike, a Chevaux. It is made by a local Japanese bike shop. We also bought the trailer so I could haul the kids around. I won't be able to take the trailer off base. Some of the sidewalks are not big enough. |
 |
| In front of our apartment. |
 |
| Mike said you could never bomb a cake box mix. I managed to do just that though. I was using the Cake Mix Doctor book. It called for vanilla instant pudding mix. All they had on base was the sugar free kind. Big mistake. I don't know that that was the only problem with these cupcakes, but it was definitely one! |
 |
| For Family Home Evening this week, we went to a local sweets shop called, Fujiya. The was actually a bobble head outside the store. I LOVE bobble heads! |
 |
| Fujiya, Ginza. Not sure about the Ginza part. |
 |
| The 5 F's on the box - Familiar, flower, fantasy, fresh, fancy. I get the fresh and fancy part but not the rest so much. |
 |
| Annabelle really loves bubbles. At the 100 yen store, they have these bubbles with a whistle looking blower. |
 |
| This week at church, we had a ladies' night. A couple of the Japanese ladies were teaching us about Bento. Bento is a boxed lunch. Apparently the moms in Japan try to compete with who can make the best/most creative lunches for their kids. Here is a rice triangle thing I formed. The ladies cooked the rice, and we just formed it into these triangles. |
 |
| Here's a cool Bento box I found online. Seriously, how long does that take!? |
 |
| I have been on a crazy chocolate kick. Here is my latest creation: Chocolate chip cookie dough topped Nutella Brownie. Yum! |
One question: How the heck do you stay so skinny, loving sweets as much as you do? It's not fair! Love ya all - give the kiddies lots of hugs and kisses from us all!
ReplyDelete