winter

Monday, December 12, 2011

It's almost Christmas!

This post is for the first two weeks in December. We didn't do much, but Mike's dad and sister (Marvin and Megan) got here on Friday. Annabelle was super excited to see them. Here are a few pictures from this week.  

Family Home Evening Treat: Bon Bon Chocolates - very good! Mike said they had these in Chile too. They were a little different over there but they are the same company.

I have been wanting to make a cloth Christmas calendar for the past year or so. It's just not happening right now. I need a few more lessons in sewing. =) Anyway, here is my lame attempt at a calendar - a cereal box covered with wrapping paper. We add a piece of candy in each day and have a scripture to go along with it.

Here's Annabelle getting out a Reisin from the calendar.

We painted one of the rooms purple last week. Too bad I decided afterwards we should have painted the other room instead. Maybe we'll just end up having two purple rooms for now. =)

Eedie loves bananas. Here she is with her "Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura" hair.

We had a friend from church over this week. This is a little fort we made for them to color under. Anything to keep two two-year-olds entertained. =)

The Medical Squadron Children's Party was this past Saturday. The entertainment included this puppeteer.

Trying to get a picture in front of the nutcracker with Aunt Meg and Grandpa

Eedie didn't mind Santa too much...

But Annabelle did. Here she is try to get out of his lap. Can you see her face? She was screaming her head off.

Annabelle's name was called for a gift. She started to warm up to Santa after he gave her a present.

Pancakes are a must for Sunday breakfast at the Jones' house. Mike thought it was funny that Megan likes to put straight sugar on her pancakes.
We've been having a great time with Marvin and Megan. We already went out on the town today, but 5 1/2 hrs in the car today means I'll be writing about our adventure another day.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! So cute! Eedie and Annabelle are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you got visitors for the holidays! I realized I only put one stamp on your card that's supposed to go to Japan. I'm waiting to see if its returned for lack of postage! It may be late, lol! Merry Christmas guys!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete