Eedie turned one this Saturday. It's hard to believe it's already been a year. We think the world spins faster on this side of the hemisphere. It's crazy! We've already been here for 5 1/2 months. Anyway... here are some pictures from the last week.
 |
| Eedie had her 1 year check-up this week. We got a little bored waiting for the doctor. Eedie was about 29 in and 18 lbs at the check-up. It puts her in the 40th percentile for height and 9th percentile for weight. |
 |
| We made a little mess while we waited. |
 |
| We went out with some friends on Wednesday. It was Eedie's first time ever having McDonalds. She liked the fries, but that was about it. |
 |
| They were both watching TV. I thought it was cute. This is Eedie's new spot, she climbs up on her own and only falls off every 3rd or 4th time. |
 |
Uncle Derek sent a stamp kit for Christmas. Even though it was washable Annabelle looked like Tammy Faye Bakker for the rest of the day.
|
 |
| I keep fearing my kids will end up with scurvy. Seriously, it has probably been a year since Annabelle has eaten a REAL vegetable. So we made some sweet potato pancakes. They were surprisingly VERY good. We may even make these our new Sunday pancakes. |
 |
| I said it was time for Eedie to take a nap. Hearing this Annabelle brought out her own pillow, stuffed animals and blanket to the living room for Eedie to use. Eedie is quickly learning how to take a proper nap. |
 |
| We've decided to make it a tradition for our kids to have no sugar until they are a year old and then they will have a sugar-free carrot cake for their 1st birthday (Eedie may have already had a chocolate chip or two... or bunches). The cake I made for Annabelle was actually pretty good. I need to find that recipe because this one was not so good. I also made some cake and cake balls for the rest of us. |
 |
| I was totally not prepared this year for her birthday. I didn't buy or make a birthday hat but instead I had her put on the Nacho Libre mask. =) |
 |
| It took her a while to figure out what we had given her. |
 |
| She never likes things on plates. She always dumps food onto her tray. |
 |
| Maybe... |
 |
| yes... starting to make a little mess... |
 |
| finally trying some cake. |
 |
| On the floor - I said it wasn't very good... apparently Eedie agreed. |
 |
| What the heck... decided to give her a cake ball! |
 |
| Yes... I can make a mess. |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Eedie! Next year I will get you a real hat, a good cake, and maybe even a toy! |
I can't believe you have been there five months. Wow!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweet Eedie!!