For past 3 weeks we have all been sick at one time or another. Mike got a cold first, passed it on to Eedie, then on to me, and lastly to Annabelle. So we stay inside a lot. Then, when I was going to post, things got a little busy and that is why this is a little late.
 |
| Before she got sick, Annabelle was actually quite the help swiffering... |
 |
| and feeding Eedie. |
It had been a while since Mike and I had been on a real date, by ourselves, and not at home watching a movie. So we went to a little Mexican place we heard was good. It was Tex-Mex as we found out, and we aren't really Tex-Mex fans. It looked really good, it just had a different taste than we are used to.
 |
| In front of the cool sign. |
 |
| We have seen these before, but never had the camera with us. It's a hotdog (with mayo) and just sits out all the time at the gas station. We haven't tried one yet. |
 |
| We thought the 7-11's here didn't have slurpees, but found out at least one actually does. This was the best part of the date for Mike. |
I wanted to celebrate Mardi Gras this year in honor of my friend from Louisiana, Elizabeth. We had some friends over from church, my friend Austin, her husband and their two kids. We made some gumbo, red beans and rice, and this king cake. It all turned out pretty good.
 |
| We forgot to take a picture before we tore into the cake. |
 |
| After we got done eating, we found Annabelle and Brentlee had piled some of Annabelle's toys and all of her furniture on the bed. We made them pose with it all. |
 |
| Flowers... candy... cards... no thanks. I'll take this awesome blender my hubs got me this year for Valentine's. I'm not going to post what I got for him, but let's just say... he liked it. |
So maybe it's the radiation here in Japan... I'm not sure. But for some reason I have to decided to go on a sugar fast until Easter. It's only been a week so far. Last Sunday I wanted to only eat sugar all day long. We had muffins for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, and cinnamon rolls and ham and cheese rolls for dinner. I would have gone without the ham and cheese but I was starting to not feel well, so I told Mike we better have something substantial. By the end of the day, I basically had to force myself to eat the chocolate chip cookie dough brownies I had made. The past week hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be. The sugariest thing that we eat is basically cranberries or raisins. Can't wait til Easter. Hopefully by then, I won't even care anymore!

Monday was Presidents' Day so we decided to go to Showa Park with some friends. We have wanted to go for a while. It's a pretty big park. Lots of things were closed because of it being winter, but we can't wait to go back this summer. Anyway here are some pics from the park.
 |
| These are some bouncy marshmallow things, we have seen before at a different park. Eedie really enjoyed it. |
 |
| It took a little while for Annabelle to warm up to them, but after she did, she had a great time. |
 |
| Eedie posing. |
 |
| Yes, the signs say "Only for junior high school students and under" but we saw Japanese adults jumping on them so we figured it was okay. =) |
 |
| Annabelle riding with her friends in a wagon. |
 |
| A little dog was enjoying some ice cream. |
 |
| Not sure what this stuff was, but Annabelle saw some Japanese people taking a picture in front of it. She went over to it and wanted me to take a picture of her. |
 |
| This area is a giant water park. It has one of the biggest swimming pools in the prefecture. It looks really fun. We'll be sure and make a trip there this summer. |
Til next time...
Love the picture of Annabelle and Brentlee having their "adventure". Hope you are all feeling better and that you are surviving your no sugar :) We need to play when I get back!
ReplyDeleteLooks fun! We miss you guys so much. Hope this week is great and can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDelete