| 40 weeks! |
Labor was not too bad. They started pitocin at 8:30am and by 1pm I was ready for the epidural. The anesthesiologist came and started the procedure. She said my back is off line a little so she was trying to make sure to adjust for it. (With Annabelle the epidural only worked on one side of my body, TWICE! Then finally the third time it worked.) She continued on being very careful it hit a nerve which hurt and scared me. I started to freak out a little. But she finished and I started to only feel the epidural on my right side. So she gave me a big dose of the meds and had me lean over on my left side. It seemed to work because I didn't end up feeling anything. She did a great job. Then we sat there for about 2 1/2 hours waiting for baby to drop so I could push. Finally after only about 15 minutes of pushing, she was here. We didn't finalize a name until the next morning. We had a couple names when we went to the hospital but still weren't totally sure. Then after she was born, Mike had to run to get the girls and I didn't really get to talk to him until the next morning. But we decided on the name Vivian Marie.
| First Look |
| Vivian was 7 lbs. 14 oz. and measured 19 in. |
| Mike brought the girls for a quick visit. |
| Getting some footprints done. |
| Getting a bath. |
| They love their new sister. |
| Eedie really wanted to hold her by herself. |
| First pictures with Dad. |
| Going home. |
Halloween
I was still in the hospital Halloween night, but Mike took the girls Trick r' Treating.
| Eedie was a gnome. I guess he forgot to brush her hair. =) |
| Annabelle was Rapunzel. |
Home
Vivian is almost 2 weeks now. So far she has been a great baby. She sleeps well and only fusses when she is hungry. Looking forward to many new adventures with Vivian!
So happy to finally hear the story of Vivian and see more pictures of her! I love how Annabelle is wearing one of the necklaces Brentlee gave her! :) The girls are looking so much alike!
ReplyDeleteShe is sooooo beautiful! Congrats guys!!! I can't wait to meet her and Eedie and to see Annabelle again. Are you planning to take any trips back to states soon?
ReplyDeleteAsh
Hey Ashley! We actually are going back for Christmas but just to Salt Lake. Mike's sister is getting married out there and my parents are going to fly out. You are welcome to come visit too if you'd like. =) But as far as coming back to KY, we probably won't now until after we get back from Japan for good.
ReplyDelete