Mike had a dental conference this past week in Tokyo. It was at the navy hotel downtown called, The New Sanno. It's a pretty nice hotel that military members can stay at for a really reasonable price.
Anyway, Mike went down on Monday and we came down on Wednesday. We hung out in the room a lot. But Thursday we went to the zoo. Here are some pics from the week.
On Wednesday at the conference, they had a dinner for the attendees and their spouses. We didn't know what it would be like and didn't really have a babysitter so I didn't go. Maybe next year if Mike goes to this conference we'll plan a little better and I'll go. It looked fun.
 |
| Japanese drummers |
 |
| There was a ton of food. This was just a small bit. |
 |
| They had some form of Japanese martial arts going on. |
 |
| The next day I took the girls to the Ueno Zoo. Annabelle really likes elephants, but wasn't in the mood for posing. |
 |
| Apparently she really likes birds as well. |
 |
| This is the kids' petting farm. They have this mouse box where you can hold and play with mice! |
 |
| She kept getting close, but never would hold one. |
 |
| They had another area with chickens and goats that you could pet. |
 |
| Eedie wasn't scared at all. |
 |
| She kept going right up next to them... even tried to sit on this one. |
 |
| Looking at the pigs. |
 |
| This man gave Annabelle a brush and showed her how to use it on the goat. |
 |
| You could even hold the chickens! |
 |
| Annabelle was trying to chase this chicken. |
 |
| The man tried to let her hold one, but she got scared and took off. |
 |
| It was pretty cool getting to see the hippo. |
 |
| This guy stayed like that the whole time... made me wonder if he was real or not. |
 |
| I think this might have been the biggest turtle I have ever seen. It doesn't look as big in this picture but this guy was huge! |
 |
| I had been craving some Mexican food, so we went to a place called "La Jolla" close to our hotel. It was pretty good... still looking for something like good ol' "Casa Fiesta" from the college years. |
 |
| This was at a store near our hotel. The train toy on the foreground cost around $200! |
 |
| We walked in the other night to find Annabelle and Eedie both reading. |
 |
| We dyed some Easter eggs for Family Home Evening this week. |
 |
| Eedie patiently waiting for the eggs. |
 |
| Annabelle likes to beat on things. I'm afraid she's going to want to be a percussionist. But with Eedie, we might have a wind player on our hands. She kept going around blowing into this tube, making whistling sounds, having a good old time. |
 |
| We got the sparkly kit this year. Don't know that they turned out that great. The crazy one in the back is Mike's "dino" egg. I think next year we might opt for the Monster ones... the ones with the hair. Those are fun! |
And an update on the sweets fast... it's been 4 1/2 weeks... only 2 1/2 more to go! It still stinks. I still want treats, but I can tell that it's probably going to shock my system when I eat them again. I had some of Eedie's yogurt and actually couldn't eat much, it was too sweet.
Anyway... that's all for now!
I love the easter eggs! Makes me seriously miss the Double Reed Easter Egg Extravaganza parties! I will be sending you all some goodies in the the near future...closer to Easter!! Miss you all
ReplyDelete