winter

Monday, July 30, 2012

Round One, Annabelle's Birthday and Sushi

Here are some things we've done the past few weeks...


We went with some friends to a place called "Round One." It has five different floors with different activities from gambling, to bowling, to billiards and a big play area for kids.
I saw this Pachinko place on the way. Pachinko is a big gambling game in Japan sort of like Plinko. But I just thought the signs were funny.... "Miracle - The Chance - Victory." Yes people, this is the miracle you've been looking for. Nice!
At Round One, there was a huge ball pit but not like a normal ball bit. These were soft balls but still kind of hurt if they hit you in the face.
There were these blasters on each side of the pit so you could try and hit someone across from you.
Here's a little better picture of the pit.
They had trikes for the kids to ride around on. Annabelle was telling me to stop doing something but I don't know what.
There was this big two story slide. I took Eedie down it and she started freaking out. You just keep going and wonder when the end is.
This place would never fly in the states. There would be lawsuits all over the place. In this area, you could get all the way from the bottom to the top by crawling and climbing.
They even had a few arcade games you could play for free with your paid admission. This was seriously probably the best play place we've been to so far and it was only 1200 yen for Annabelle and myself (Eedie was free) for 2 or 3 hours.
Here are all the arcade games.
I think both my kids actually want to be percussionists. I keep saying only piano and string instruments in our house. =)
Balloon pit!

If was definitely a fun day at Round One. We will definitely be making another trip back there again.




Here at the Jones house, Annabelle always seems to get herself into trouble. Here are just a couple of examples...
She tore pieces of toilet paper and lined them neatly on the toilet. I have no idea the point of this was. She even covered her princess potty too.
This was another day. She took a toy animal and wrapped it up in her hair. She was crying as I was taking this picture but it was just too funny not to take one. It took me a few minutes to get it out. It was stuck in there pretty good.

 Annabelle turned three this month. We're thinking we may hold off on big parties until she starts school. So we just had a little cupcake eating and gift opening at the house.
Eating their cupcakes.
She really only wanted the icing so she got two.
Opening one of her gifts. The other one didn't get here until later, so she got that one a few days late.
It was a Rapunzel doll from "Tangled." We videotaped most of this so I don't think I actually got a good shot of her with the toy.

Eedie just hanging out in a clothes basket.



Our good friends from church, the Skabelund's, took us to a cool sushi place this past weekend.
This was some kind of shrimp with avocado and onions on top. Seriously really good.
All the food came around on this conveyor belt. Each table had their own color so you knew which one to take. There were some with no color and anyone could take those. Then at the end of the meal they come and add up the number and plates to figure out how much you owe.
Shrimp with cheese and some sauce.
Eedie eating some really good tempura shrimp. Maki is amazing with kids and got Eedie to eat some different stuff.
We had never had eggplant sushi before, but once again... really good!
Maki wanted to stop at a store before we headed back. I thought maybe for a second we had found a Target in Japan. But turned out it was just a little grocery store. Oh well... maybe we make it back to the states after the baby and I can get a good Target fix that will last until we get back.



Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday to Annabelle from Aunt Audrey! Miss you all tons! Love the pictures haha, especially the mischievious ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabelle is so funny! I love all your pics. You are always having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane - Ha! No... not always fun with Annabelle. I just try and snap a pic when it is though. =)

    ReplyDelete